3.05.2015

Review: Play With Me by Anna Katmore

Play With Me by Anna Katmore

  • Pub. Date:December 8, 2012
  • Publisher: Self Pub
  • Pages:238
  • Rating:5/5 
  • Series:Grover Beach Team #1
  • Goodreads/Amazon

What if you had to do the one thing you hated most to get the guy you loved to notice you?

Ryan Hunter’s parties are legend. And tonight she’s going to be there.

Lisa Matthews anticipates the return of her best friend and only love since kindergarten kindle reversefrom soccer camp. But when Tony finally shows up, his mind is more focused on another girl. And worse, she’s a soccer player. Fighting for the attention Lisa craves, she’s just a hairbreadth away from making a very stupid decision. But when extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures, she’s prepared to play ball to get her man.

The tryouts are hell, the first match ends bloody, and the morning after the selection party she wakes up in the worst place possible—in the arms of the captain of the soccer team. The hottest guy in school… Ryan Hunter. 
First Line:"He'd never tried to kiss me, even when we practically shared the same bed for half of the summer."

Review:This is one of those books I picked up at the perfect time. I had just finished reading a gut wrenching read and needed something light and fun and Play With Me was perfect. It was a simple done before plot but it was just what I was looking for and I read it all in one sitting.

 I seriously had this big cheesy smile on my face the whole time I was reading Play With Me. Lisa was just one of those girls you love to love. She was funny and smart and head over heels in love with Tony her childhood best friend or at least she thought she was until swoon worthy sexy Ryan Hunter came into her life and turned it upside down in the best way possible. Even now I can't stop thinking about Ryan this guy was just so...yummy...yes I just used that word to describe a guy but so what, it's to the point where I am going to actually buy the book from his point of view and if you know me you know I don't care to read the same story all over again even if it is in another characters p.o.v but I need to know his p,o.v.... actually I think it's just I didn't get enough of him and I want more.

If your looking for a sweet romance this book is perfect. Ryan and Lisa were really great together and it was fun seeing them get closer and OMG that lime! You have to read the book to know what I'm talking about but there is a part in the book that involves Ryan, Lisa and a lime and it was just so damn *sighs* hot! Not sure how else to describe it but I loved that part. Ryan was just an overall great guy and I loved how great he treated Lisa.

Now as far as Tony goes this guy was a good friend to Lisa but you can tell he took his friendship with her for granted. I mean what kind of guy dates a girl who insults his closest friend. I didn't like him to a certain extent but he wasn't all bad and I'm actually looking forward to eventually reading his story also.

I really loved this book which is so surprising because first off it was freebie on Amazon and I didn't really think much of it when I grabbed it but it's one of those books that will be a part of my re-reads list. And I've already went ahead and added all the other books from the series to my must reads list.


Memorable Quotes 

~"This was it. I was done with soccer. May the ball rot in hell and the players die of thirst."-Lisa

~"I'm just waiting for the day that a girl sees through you....and decides to like you anyway."-Rachel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...