3.09.2015

Mini Review:Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers

Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers

  • Pub. Date:April 2, 2013
  • Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Books for Children
  • Pages:385
  • Rating:3.5/5
  • Series:His Fair Assassin #2
  • Goodreads/Amazon/Book Depository

When Sybella arrived at the doorstep of St Mortain half mad with grief and despair the convent were only too happy to offer her refuge - but at a price. The sisters of this convent serve Death, and with Sybella naturally skilled in both the arts of death and seduction, she could become one of their most dangerous weapons.

But her assassin's skills are little comfort when the convent returns her to the life that nearly drove her mad. Her father's rage and brutality are terrifying, and her brother's love is equally monstrous. But when Sybella discovers an unexpected ally she discovers that a daughter of Death may find something other than vengeance to live for... 
First Line:"I did not arrive at the convent of Saint Mortain some green stripling."

Review: Sybella was very interesting her background history was actually a lot more interesting than even Ismae's which I expected as much seeing how she already had me so curious about her from the first book in the series. As for the romance there was Beast, he was perfect for Sybella although the girl did keep reminding us how ugly he was and it became a little annoying but she loved him and their romance was sweet.

Dark Triumph unlike the first book focused less on the actual plot and court politics and more so on the personal history of Sybella which was interesting and I liked learning about her past but I still wish it was more focused on the plot.

One thing I have confirmed is that the Abbess is as horrid as I thought but still haven't learned much about her hidden agenda (if she has one) or maybe she just gets off on being so cruel, so can't wait to read the next book and hopefully get some answers about what is up with her.

Overall I can't say I loved Dark Triumph mainly because I had some seriously high expectations for it after reading Grave Mercy. I did feel like it took me a bit longer to really get into the story but I still enjoyed it and will be buying the next book in the series very soon.

Memorable Quotes 

~"I no longer feel as if I dance along the edge of madness."- Sybella

~"Hate cannot be fought with hate. Evil cannot be conquered by darkness. Only love has the power to conquer them both."-Sybella

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...