11.04.2013

Review:Tandem by Anna Jarzab


Tandem by Anna Jarzab




Everything repeats.
You. Your best friend. Every person you know.


Many worlds. Many lives--infinite possibilities.
Welcome to the multiverse.


Sixteen-year-old Sasha Lawson has only ever known one small, ordinary life. When she was young, she loved her grandfather's stories of parallel worlds inhabited by girls who looked like her but led totally different lives. Sasha never believed such worlds were real--until now, when she finds herself thrust into one against her will.

To prevent imminent war, Sasha must slip into the life of an alternate version of herself, a princess who has vanished on the eve of her arranged marriage. If Sasha succeeds in fooling everyone, she will be returned home; if she fails, she'll be trapped in another girl's life forever. As time runs out, Sasha finds herself torn between two worlds, two lives, and two young men vying for her love--one who knows her secret, and one who thinks she's someone she's not.

The first book in the Many-Worlds Trilogy, Tandem is a riveting saga of love and betrayal set in parallel universes in which nothing--and no one--is what it seems.

First Line: "When I was a sophomore in high school, I enrolled in a Western philosophy class to fulfill a graduation requirement."

ReviewI didn't think I was going to end up loving this book as much as I did since I heard there was a love triangle but I found myself loving everything about Tandem. The love triangle wasn't much of a triangle Sasha had only eyes for Thomas and was just playing a "role" with the other guy so if your hesitant to pick this book up because of the love triangle...don't be.

I knew I had to get my hands on Tandem just because it had to do with parallel universes I don't know why but I find books that deal with multi-verses etc highly interesting. Anyways Sasha is a normal girl living in our world when one day out of the blue Grant a boy who has never really paid attention to her approaches her to take her to prom. Only thing is Grant isn't Grant but Thomas a KES Agent from another universe sent on a mission to kidnap Sasha and take her back to his planet Aurora which is an alternate version of what our world could have been if things would have went differently in history.

Sasha just so happens to be the analog of Princess Julianna who has been kidnapped and she is now required to play the role of Julianna until the officials can find the real princess. I liked Sasha right off the bat, I found her to be believable and relateable and she was smart. She was thrown into a situation where many people would crumble and give up but she held strong and thanks to that element of how her and the real princess were connected she was able to help with the mysterious disappearance of Julianna and find out details that no one knew.

I loved the romance between Sasha and Thomas at first I hated Thomas for how he betrayed her but eventually you couldn't help but love him especially after you saw how he didn't have much of a choice as we learned more things about the General and his hold on Thomas. Needless to say Thomas was just as much of an interesting character as Sasha and he definitely redeemed himself early on.

Overall I couldn't get enough of Tandem and then there was that insane killer cliffhanger at the end ... all I know is I need the next book like yesterday! I have to see what happens next.
If your looking for a fast paced book full of action and great characters even secondary ones then check out Tandem.









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...