10.18.2013

Review: Hover by Melissa West


Hover by Melissa West




On Earth, seventeen-year-old Ari Alexander was taught to never peek, but if she hopes to survive life on her new planet, Loge, her eyes must never shut. Because Zeus will do anything to save the Ancients from their dying planet, and he has a plan.

Thousands of humans crossed over to Loge after a poisonous neurotoxin released into Earth's atmosphere, nearly killing them. They sought refuge in hopes of finding a new life, but what they became were slaves, built to wage war against their home planet. That is, unless Ari and Jackson can stop them. But on Loge, nothing is as it seems...and no one can be trusted.

First Line: "What is that?" I ask, pointing to a dark triangular building in the distance.

ReviewSo after Gravity which I read only a couple months before Hover I was pretty excited to get my hands on the sequel and I have to say there were some flaws to Hover but it kept my attention and I'm so involved with the characters and seeing how things play out with them it's pretty obvious I'm going to follow this series to the end.

Anyways Hover starts off a little after where Gravity left off.  Ari wakes up on a whole other planet with some serious trust issues and of course she has every right to doubt everyone and everything around her including Jackson. The main plot in this book is they are on a mission to kill Zeus the ruler of Loge and with all the twists and turns West throws in it makes it pretty impossible for Ari to do so. 

As far as the characters go I think West did a great job in developing them and letting us learn more about them especially Jackson, he was such a mystery in Gravity so I loved how in depth we get with his character in Hover. As far as Ari I still loved her but because of her trust issues with Jackson at times her I love him but I hate him scenario became a little annoying, but she is just as kick-ass as the first book. We also meet a lot of new side characters and get glimpses of the ones from the last book. From the new characters no one really stood out to me I was actually more curious about what was going on with the ones we met in Gravity.

I did feel that there were a lot of unanswered questions in Hover and some things that I wish was more thoroughly explained. Nothing really got resolved in Hover and then there was that ending talk about major cliffhanger! Needless to say I didn't love this book but I liked it enough to where I'm already marking off the date for the release of Collide which is the third book in the series.




Memorable Quotes:

~ "I want you. In every way. In any way I can get you. And if that means being your friend, then that's what I'll be. But don't expect me to open up about the worst parts of my life when I am next to nothing to you now."


~I'm no longer a child. They've all taken that from me, stolen it from my very soul, leaving behind remnants of a person.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...