12.31.2012

Review: And For Your Information by Denise Deegan

And For Your Information by Denise Deegan

Everyone thinks they know who I am - ditzy Sarah, who cares more about appearances than she does about anything real. And yeah, I do care about what people think of me. 

Take my friends Alex and Rachel. We all go to Strandbrook College, Dublin. We're supposed to be best friends. But Alex and Rachel - they're really close. They tell each other things that they would never tell me. I try not to mind.

And then there's Simon. He's my sort-of boyfriend but we hardly see each other. And when we do, I feel like he doesn't really 'see' me, you know?

Everything's such a mess right now. My dad left us to be with Her; my mum is really angry all the time; and my brother Louis, he just doesn't care. 

I guess that's why the shoplifting started. It makes me feel good. In control.

I just want everything to change. And it does. The day I got caught . . .

First Line: We're sitting at the sushi counter in Dundrum.

ReviewWhen I saw the second in Deegan's Butterfly series was going to be about Sarah I wasn't the most excited to read it because I had her pegged out to be air headed and annoying so when I found myself loving her character in And For Your Information I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting such a heart rendering novel but Deegan is an amazing writer so shame on me for pre-judging this novel.

I wasn't expecting a novel that would practically bring tears to my eyes, I mean in no way would you think this was anything like a Nicholas Sparks novel by the cover or the blurb but it is and that is saying something. Shane was unexpected, the blurb has no mention of him so he was a total surprise. He really helps Sarah grow as a person and plays such a powerful role in her life I can definitely say he is an unforgettable character.

If you have read the first book you know it was about Alex, and even though the book is mainly centered  around Sarah we still get to find out how things are turning out with Alex via Sarah's point of view and I am just going to say things are not what I imagined it would be for Alex, it seems she still has to find her happily ever after.

I thought Alex was my favorite but after getting inside Sarah's head and seeing who she really is she has become my favorite so far...since I know for a fact Rachel's story is next and she is still a bit of mystery to me so I can't wait to dive into the next book in the series and then I guess I can make up my mind officially on who is my favorite out of the three friends.

Overall I can't express how much I loved this book and if you haven't started the series I highly recommend you do so.



Memorable Quote:

I start in the kitchen, cleaning up Louis' usual trail of destruction. Then I hoover and mop, feeling like Cinderella. I wonder if that's how Mum feels. No. She's way too angry to ever feel like a Disney character.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...