4.10.2012

Review: Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers by Chris Grabenstein

Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers

  • Pub. Date: April 10, 2012
  • Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
  • Pages: 320

" What do you get when you add up


1 middle-school bully
2 bank robbers
57 dogs in peril
4,000 missing dollars and
5 daring troublemakers led by the one and only
Riley Mack?


1 crazy caper!


In this merry, mischievous romp, master storyteller Chris Grabenstein introduces Riley Mack—a twelve-year-old hometown hero you'll never forget."



First line: "School was finished for the week and Riley Mack was itching for some action."


Review: I haven't read a middle grade book in years and I probably wouldn't have until I was asked to review Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers . The title alone got my attention and I'm sure will be even more appealing to the age group it's meant for. I also like the cover, actually that goes for most middle grade books they have no problems keeping book covers original.

Now on to the actual book, I found myself laughing within the first few pages. Tons of smart come backs, funny phrases and innocent fun. Riley Mack and his crew are a great set of characters all with their own individual personalities that Grabenstein really made shine through. Riley and his friends are a group of kids I would have loved to grow up with. They are all about doing what is right, standing up to the bullies and the younger kids really looked up to them.

As far as the bad guys you had your bully, bank robbers, a grandma who ran a puppy mill, a banker with a gambling problem and Police Chief Brown who was one crooked cop. Hopefully there is a book two to this series in which Chief Brown gets what he deserves also.

Overall I had a blast reading this with tons of laugh out loud moments. If you have kids who are between ages 8-12 or if you are still a kid at heart and enjoy a good fast paced middle grade book with mystery and it's share of comedy I highly recommend Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers.



Buy on






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...