8.18.2015

Review: The Devil You Know by Trish Doller

The Devil You Know by Trish Doller


Eighteen-year-old Arcadia wants adventure. Living in a tiny Florida town with her dad and four-year-old brother, Cadie spends most of her time working, going to school, and taking care of her family. So when she meets two handsome cousins at a campfire party, she finally has a chance for fun. They invite her and friend to join them on a road trip, and it's just the risk she's been craving-the opportunity to escape. But what starts out as a fun, sexy journey quickly becomes dangerous when she discovers that one of them is not at all who he claims to be. One of them has deadly intentions.

A road trip fling turns terrifying in this contemporary story that will keep readers on the edge of their seats.
First Line: "Freedom is ticking its way around the face of the old clock above the door -so close, so close, so close- when Justin comes into the market and I die a tiny, unnoticeable death."

Review: I haven't read a lot of thrillers this year so when I saw Trish Dollar had one out I said why not, but sadly I did not care for The Devil You Know, mainly because of the main protagonist Cadie, I found her to be incredibly naive. It amazed me of how many bad decisions she kept making one after the other after the other. I just wanted to reach into those pages and smack some sense into her.

Cadie's mother died of cancer and soon after she found herself raising her little brother which caused her to have to give up her boyfriend and soccer. She pretty much decides she is tired of playing the role of an adult when her father is still around and decided to let loose except it was to the extreme, she decides to go all out on a road trip with two complete strangers.

At one point I felt the book started to focus a little too much on the relationship between Noah and Arcadia instead of the actual plot. As far as who the murderer was, it was so obvious I was just shaking my head on how predictable it all was.

Overall The Devil You Know just wasn't for me, it started off alright but the further I read the more pissed off  I became towards Cadie. There were warning signs all over the place, but she was just too stupid to see it.








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...