12.08.2014

Review: The Shape of My Heart by Ann Aguirre

The Shape of My Heart by Ann Aguirre

Some people wait decades to meet their soul mate. Courtney Kaufman suspects she met hers in high school only to lose him at seventeen. Since then, Courtney's social life has been a series of meaningless encounters, though she's made a few close friends along the way. Especially her roommate Max Cooper, who oozes damaged bad-boy vibes from every pore. 

Max knows about feeling lost and trying to move beyond the pain he's been on his own since he was sixteen. Now it's time to find out if he can ever go home again, and Courtney's the only one he trusts to go with him. But the trip to Providence could change everything because the more time he spends with Courtney, the harder it is to reconcile what he wants and what he thinks he deserves. 

It started out so simple. One misfit helping another. Now Max will do anything to show Courtney that for every heart that's ever been broken, there's another that can make it complete. 
First Line:"If my life were a romantic comedy, I wouldn't be the star."

Review: This is the third and final book in Aguirre's 2B trilogy, I have not read the first two books but I didn't feel lost when the characters from the past book were brought up. My feelings for The Shape of My Heart is pretty mixed up.

I liked the first half of the book but I started losing interest after that. I just got to the point where I really didn't care what happened. I liked the fact that the two were such good friends but after they told each other their feelings things just went from realistic to well not. I felt it all moved a little too fast after that and I just didn't buy it, and it sucks because I love stories where they go from friends to something more.

As far as Courtney goes I liked the fact that she isn't the typical model like goddess that we see in most books which kind of brings me to the cover of this book, beautiful cover to bad the girl doesn't fit the description we are given of Courtney. Anyways Courtney had a crazy sense of humor and I liked that it was different which is probably what kept me reading. Yet at the same time I felt her character lacked depth and that "something" that makes me connect with a character she just didn't have it.

Then we have Max who is this hot bad boy type of guy I had a easier time feeling something for his character the guy has a pretty messed up past and his little brother was growing on me as well but even after learning about his past it just felt like there could have been more, if that makes sense. When it comes down to it Max was your typical bad-boy that you read about in the new adult genre there was nothing that set him apart from all the others. I did like that he didn't care about what everyone thought about Courtney and how she looked etc he loved her for who she was.

Personally I would have preferred to read this book from Max's point of view or maybe even a dual point of view because there were plenty of situations where I would have loved to be inside of Max's head than Courtney's. Overall the book was okay I think I would have liked it better if I connected with the main character.



Memorable Quotes 

~ "I think maybe Eli was the luckiest guy in the world."
"Why?"
"Because you loved him."




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...