8.04.2014

Mini Review: Going Long by Ginger Scott

Going Long by Ginger Scott
  • Pub. Date: October 1, 2013
  • Publisher:Self Published
  • Pages:236
  • Series: Waiting on the Sidelines #2
  • Goodreads/Amazon

    They fell in love in high school and found their way back to one another despite the odds. But can first loves really be forever? For Reed Johnson, the dream was always football. But then Nolan Lennox took over his heart. Is he willing to give up his first love just to keep his true love? Or will he be too late?

    Reed and Nolan’s story continues in "Going Long," sequel to "Waiting on the Sidelines."

    First Line: " The first time I thought about marrying Nolan Lennox, she had just saved my fathers life.

    Review:I loved the first book in this series Waiting on The Sidelines so much that I had to pick up the sequel to see how everything was going for the two. I do have to say I didn't love this one as much as I wished I would have even with Reeds point of view.

     I would have to say all the problems that arose was out of complete miscommunication between Reed and Nolan if they had just talked to each other so many problems could have been avoided. Then there was Nolan and her insecurities evidently she still had a lot of it and with Reed getting ready to enter the draft her insecurities got to be pretty huge and annoying in my opinion. Reed made it clear so many times that he only wanted her and with as much history as the two already have you think she would have believed him. 

    I did like how Reed finally handled the issues with his mom and stood up for Nolan instead of always telling her to just accept his mom for the way she was with her. The secondary characters overall were great a few I hated one being Reeds mom and a few I loved.

    Even with my issues I was still rooting for the two, I grew attached to these characters from the last book and I'm glad I picked Going Long to see how things wrapped up with them and I have to say I was satisfied with the ending. Overall I had high hopes for this book and even though it didn't live up to those high expectations I still liked it.



    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...