5.08.2014

Mini Review: Poison Dance by Livia Blackburne

Poison Dance by Livia Blackburne




James is skilled, efficient, and deadly, a hired blade navigating the shifting alliances of a deteriorating Assassin’s Guild. Then he meets Thalia, an alluring but troubled dancing girl who offers him a way out—if he’ll help her kill a powerful nobleman. With the Guild falling apart, it just might be worth the risk. But when you live, breathe, and love in a world that’s forever flirting with death, the slightest misstep can be poison. 

First Line: "It was the way she looked at James that caught his attention."

Review:  Poison Dance is the prequel to Midnight Thief which comes out this year. Anyways I've never been the biggest fan of novellas especially prequels since you have no connection with any of the characters but I was asked to review it by the author and I thought why not since I have every intention of reading her debut novel.

Anyways right off the bat I liked the characters they were very strong willed and I mean come on they are assassins so they were all just pretty kick-ass and I loved that. I did not connect with any of the characters on an emotional level but I blame that on the fact that it was a novella and you can only have so much character development but the novella has piqued my interest in James and just the world in which he lives in. Even though James is an assassin there is a lot of good in him and I really want to see how he has transformed as a character from Poison Dance to Midnight Thief.

Overall I liked the novella, I don't really expect much out of them and I felt this one did the job in growing my curiosity about Midnight Thief and I am very excited to dive into the world full of assassins that Livia Blackburne has created.














Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...