3.03.2014

Mini Review: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Pandemonium




The old life is dead.

But the old Lena is dead too.

I buried her.

I left her beyond a fence, behind a wall of smoke and flame.

In this electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller Delirium, Lauren Oliver sets Lena on a dangerous course that hurtles through the unregulated Wilds and into the heart of a growing resistance movement. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.

First Line: " Alex and I are lying together on a blanket in the backyard of 37 Brooks. "

ReviewRight off the bat I had the same problem with this one that I had with the first book which was the first half of the book dragged for me. It wasn't until the second half that things picked up and became interesting. 

You can tell that Lena has grown and is becoming a much stronger person then the Lena we met in Delirium. Also we get to meet a lot of new characters a few I found interesting. What I didn't care for was the introduction of the new love interest ... I mean why? With the way these books go you already knew the cliffhanger that we are left with in the ending was coming. I found most of it to be pretty predictable, but my curiosity is going to have me finish this series.



Memorable Quotes:“I’ve been trying so hard not to think his name, not to even breathe the idea of him” 






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...