1.02.2014

Review: Enders by Lissa Price


Enders by Lissa Price




With the Prime Destinations body bank destroyed, Callie no longer has to rent herself out to creepy Enders. But Enders can still get inside her mind and make her do things she doesn't want to do. Like hurt someone she loves. Having the chip removed could save Callie's life - but it could also silence the voice in her head that might belong to her father. Callie has flashes of her ex-renter Helena's memories, too ...and the Old Man is back, filling her with fear. Who is real and who is masquerading in a teen body? This is the thrilling sequel to "Starters".

First Line:  My hand went to the back of my head and I swore I could feel the chip underneath my skin.

ReviewThe book starts off where the first one left off, Callie can still hear the Old Man in her head and since taking the chip out is risking death she has no choice but to be stuck with him. At the same time she wants a better life for her and her brother and she knows as long as the Old Man has control over her there is no way that can happen so she sets off to find a way to stop him. 

I really liked Callie in Starters but in Enders I questioned her action quite a bit to where I just couldn't connect with her. I don't understand how she could possibly trust Hyden as fast as she did and didn't find some of his actions suspicious and I felt like she was just doing things going along with things a little too blindly. 

Another thing that was a little fickle to me was the romance we found out in the first book Blake wasn't really who we thought so that relationship tanked, then there is her friend Michael who is  pretty much just that a friend even in Enders and now in Enders we meet Hyden who you can say was interesting and a romance develops between Callie and him but I didn't find the emotions between them believable there just was no spark that had me rooting for the two. 

I did like the fact that all the questions I had about everything from the first book was answered in Enders. There was also enough twists and turns and shocking revelations that kept me turning the pages to see what would happen next and who can really be trusted.

Overall Enders didn't live up fully to my high expectations but it was still a good conclusion to the series.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...