11.13.2013

Review: Frigid by J.Lynn


Frigid by J. Lynn




For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love. 

Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have. 

But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.

First Line: I was in love with my best friend.

ReviewI found Frigid to be  a quick and pretty cliched read. This one just didn't live up to what I've come to expect from J. Lynn's work, now I'm not saying it was bad because I still liked it but I just didn't love it and main reason for that is because of the characters mainly Sydney. I'm not a fan of reading about characters like her who are so insecure with serious trust issues and always jumping to conclusions about things.

As for Kyler he is a man-whore but we learn that even he has had feelings for Sydney for quite some time and he is slightly a little too overprotective of Sydney when it comes to other guys. I found Kyler to be a more tolerable character even with his player qualities which is saying something. He thinks Sydney deserves better then him which is why he never pursued  a real relationship with her but at the same time he can't stand the thought of her being with someone else. Okay I get it he sleeps with practically every female that comes on to him but later on we saw that he has no issues being a one woman guy so I'm a little confused on why he thought Syd deserved better then him, his reasoning wasn't really fully explained.

What I did like was the fact that this wasn't an insta-love type of book but the fact that they were childhood friends so there was depth to their relationship. I also enjoyed the sexual tension between the characters up until the point where they finally hooked up. After that it was just a lot of sex between the two and Sydney going through her trust issues. Although I did find myself saying "Finally!" when Syd got the courage and admitted her feelings to Kyler.

There was also a sub-plot of someone trying to hurt them while they were at the cabin and I don't know I just found it to be completely out of place and it was way to predictable I already knew who it was from the very start and it frustrated me to think why the characters didn't figure it out and then the whole how can they be having sex when someone was literally stalking their cabin.

Overall as you can see I had a few issues with the book but I still liked it as a whole just wasn't my favorite.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...