11.05.2012

Review: Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione
  • Pub. Date: July 1, 2008
  • Publisher:Grand Central Publishing
  • Pages:416
  • Series:Demonica #1
  • Amazon/Goodreads


In a place where ecstasy can cost you your life . . . 

She's a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life. 

Two lovers will dare to risk all.

Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable-and let Tayla possess him, body and soul . . .

First Line: "Had Eidolon been anywhere but the hospital, he would have killed the guy pleading for his life before him."


Review: I finally decided to start this series and wow did this book have a lot of sex or what, and then there was the insta-sex which surprised me because I haven't seen too many of that but even with all the constant sex the plot held up and I still enjoyed the book.

This is one of those rare books where I really loved all the side characters especially Wraith, Shade and Gem and felt that they were just as developed if not more then the main characters. As for the main characters I liked Eidolon but Tayla just never grew on me at all, I didn't care for how set in her ways she was, everything was black and white there was no inbetween for her. She did have a messed up past so a lot of her personality did make sense which is why I did let a lot of things she did slide but her stubbornness in some situations just really annoyed me.  

As for the relationship between Tayla and Eidolon I thought it was interesting they had this love/hate thing going on which I expected going in thanks to the blurb. They have so many differences and a ton of obstacles to work through, obviously. And with all this said I still didn't really feel the connection between the two, it was like something was missing and I still can't put my finger on what it was.

What kept me reading was obviously not Tayla or her relationship with Eidolon but it was the action filled plot, the awesome world building which was so rich with detail, and the secondary characters. I really liked the thin line between good and evil the author created, not all the demons were evil but not all were good either and the same went for the humans. Overall I still enjoyed this book and already have the second one sitting on my shelf.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...