8.13.2012

Review: The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke

The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke

  • Pub. Date: October 2, 2012
  • Publisher: Strange Chemistry
  • Pages: 320
  • Series: The Assassin's Curse #1


Ananna of the Tanarau abandons ship when her parents try to marry her off to an allying pirate clan: she wants to captain her own boat, not serve as second-in-command to her handsome yet clueless fiance. But her escape has dire consequences when she learns the scorned clan has sent an assassin after her. 

Sidenote: The blurb is not the full blurb and I recommend not reading the full blurb just because it gives away too much of the story.

First Line:
 " I ain't never been one to trust beautiful people, and Tarrin of the Hariri was the most beautiful man I ever saw."


Review: You know a book is good when every time you step away from it to deal with real life responsibilities all you can think about is THAT book. The Assassin's Curse had that type of hold on me I was truly surprised by how amazing this book was, I had no expectations going in, I discovered the book on netgalley thanks to that awesome cover it got my attention and I had to know what it was about. Pirates, assassins, and impossible curses if any of those things gets your attention you will love this book.

Ananna is a pirate and her parents are marrying her off to an ally pirate clan which lets just say doesn't sit too well with Ananna so she takes her fate into her own hands and ditches them all. I don't want to give too much away but an assassin is hired to kill her off, and a curse is involved which leads her to embark on a whole new adventure.


I want more! I can't begin to tell you how captivated I was with the characters and the world they lived in. Ananna was the type of heroine I like to read about. She was brave and fearless especially in the face of danger, and she was always facing dangerous situations and coming out stronger of a character then before. Naji, I found him to be the most complex character in the book.Once he entered the story the plot became that much more interesting. I love his character but I want to know him better. There are several moments where I want to know what is going on in his head, he is literally a big fat mystery. 

For all you who need romance in your books, this one has a tiny itsy bitsy development of romance and being someone who loves her share of romance also, the little amount that was starting to develop brought enough tension to satisfy my romance needs until the next book.


What I really enjoyed was that Ananna was a Pirate, she could wield a sword and throw it down with a knife with the best of them. I also liked that even though she is such a strong female she is balanced out with her vulnerable moments that lets us know she is still just a girl who is trying to find her way.


Overall if you haven't figured it out by now I highly recommend this book and I will be buying a copy for myself once it hits the shelves.


Memorable Quote


"I ain't so heartless i'm gonna let someone be struck down with pain on account of me. Even if that someone is a murderer and a liar. Hell, murderers and liars used to sing me to sleep."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...