6.21.2011

Review: Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini


  • Publshed: May 31, 2011
  • Publisher: Harper Teen
  • Format:Hardcover 487pages

"How do you defy destiny?
Helen Hamilton has spent her entire sixteen years trying to hide how different she is—no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. At school she's haunted by hallucinations of three women weeping tears of blood . . . and when Helen first crosses paths with Lucas Delos, she has no way of knowing they're destined to play the leading roles in a tragedy the Fates insist on repeating throughout history.
As Helen unlocks the secrets of her ancestry, she realizes that some myths are more than just legend. But even demigod powers might not be enough to defy the forces that are both drawing her and Lucas together—and trying to tear them apart."

Review: I'm a Greek mythology fanatic..okay maybe fanatic is too strong of a term but I do adore Greek mythology. So when I first heard of Starcrossed I just knew I had to buy it. I am so glad I was not disappointed, this book was just downright amazing. Starcrossed lovers destined to kill each other..what's not to love.

I do have to admit I did like but not love Helen, although I do have a feeling she will grow on me especially with those badass powers that she has.

As for Lucas Delos the hottie in Starcrossed he is caring, very protective along with a slight jealous streak. He is also very conflicted since he knows what would happen if him and Helen ever got together. I almost feel sorry for the guy.

All the characters including the secondary were all very well developed. And each of them helped move along the plot, without seeming like fillers.

Starcrossed does end with a cliffhanger, which has me eagerly waiting  for Dreamless the second in the series.

Also if you haven't heard by now this is nearly a 500 page book. I usually shy away from such "big" books since I feel like the bigger the book the longer it takes for things to develop and the plot usually moves at a snails pace. This was not the case with Starcrossed At ALL!!! I finished this within two days, it would have been a day if sleep wasn't something our bodies required.

I highly recommend this book if you haven't read it.









1 comment:

  1. What an awesome review! I have this on my Nook to be read but have been putting it off. Sounds like I need to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...