5.14.2011

Review: What Happened To Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

What Happened To Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
  • Publisher:Penguin Young Readers Group
  • Format:Hardcover , 416pp
  • Pub Date:May 2011




After her parents divorce Mclean chose to live with her father who moves around revamping restaurants that are in the hole. Which also means Mclean gets to switch schools constantly and she takes these opportunities to create a brand new her at every school. Until she moves to Lakeview and accidentally uses her real name. And from that point on her journey starts in discovering who she really is, with the help of Dave her next door neighbor. 

Sarah Dessen has alway been a hit and miss author for me. Besides Mcleans struggle to find herself not much else really happened in the book that made me just go "wow!" Even though I got to know plenty about Mclean, Dave and her parents I wish I had the chance to learn more about Dave's parents, Opal and Deb. I had a lot of unanswered questions in regards to them. Honestly when it comes down to it besides Mclean all the other characters although interesting were forgettable. 

I did not enjoy this book as I hoped I would but I would still recommend it to teenagers since those are the years we try to "find" ourselves. I'm sure they will be able to relate to Mclean very well.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...