5.19.2011

Review: Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

  • Pub. Date: October 2009
  • Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
http://www.beccafitzpatrick.com


For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along. 
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. 
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.


I finally got around to reading the hyped up Hush Hush and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. I'll be keeping this short since I'm sure this book has been reviewed to death by everyone.

I found Hush Hush to be a very quick read. A total page turner. It was creepy, dark and mysterious. Patch was cocky, arrogant - your everyday bad boy except he had an hidden agenda. Nora was a strong character but there were times where I just wanted to smack her upside her head and yell "Are you serious!"

The only character I really couldn't stand was Vee, at first she was likable until she became all googly eyes over Julian. And started becoming a horrible best friend to Nora by asking her to put herself in situations that she clearly said she was uncomfortable with.

Overall a fun read, and I'm getting ready to go order Crescendo so I can be ready for Silence when it comes out.



3 comments:

  1. What a beautifully designed blog. Like the content as well. Come visit me as well. Newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you especially with Vee. She's by far the worst best friend I've read in a book. I'm glad you liked this one too. I have to say I enjoyed the second book more and I hope you read it soon. :)

    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found myself reading pretty quickly through the whole book too! The mystery of anything and everything dealing with Patch kept me extremely interested the whole time. I am hoping to fit Crescendo into my summer reads!
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...