3.25.2011

Friday Spotlight:Mayandree Michel

Welcome to Book Flame's Friday Spotlight. Every Friday I will be putting the spotlight on a Debut Author,Fellow book blogger, or any other Author who has a book coming out that I think should be put in the spotlight on my blog. 


Book Bloggers- I'll randomly be choosing blogs I like but if you personally would like to be in the spotlight just shoot me an email. 




Mayandree grew up in Brooklyn, went to school in Florida, and now lives in Queens, New York with her husband and two adorable sons. She writes young adult paranormal romance and historical fantasy. When she's not writing, she's playing with her kids, reading or sketching. Her first novel, Betrayal (The Descendants, #1), will debut Spring 2011. 

You can find her at



Debut Book: Betrayal (The Descendent's 1) (check out link for playlist + Trailer)
               Expected Release date: April 1,2011
                 Book Giveaway- Win a copy of Betrayal on Goodreads! 
           CLICK HERE to enter!

"At seventeen, Cordelia is an ordinary teen with an extraordinary and frightening secret. A secret that induces vivid dreams which she not only experiences true love, but crippling fear while barely escaping with her life each night.

After a life altering event, Cordelia has an unexpected encounter with Evan, the mysterious boy from her dreams, who reveals who and what she is – a descendant of the Greek gods. At that moment everything she knows of her world is a lie, and she must leave the present and go into the past to assume the role she was put on this earth for – safeguarding her ancient empire amidst evil forces that toil hastily to destroy it.

In a race against time, Cordelia must decide if she is truly a part of this dangerous world, or risk defying the gods, and ultimately lose the boy who has put a claim on her heart"


Personal Thoughts- The minute I came across this book the cover grabbed my attention. It is beautiful. What kept my attention is "Greek Gods" in the synopsis. I'm a huge lover of Greek Mythology like many and am very excited about Betrayal.




2 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to read this recently and fell in LOVE. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. The description sounds awesome- but the cover is truly what got me! Wow, gorgeous! Going on my TBR pronto! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...