12.05.2014

Review: Reckless by Priscilla West

Reckless by Priscilla West

  • Pub. Date:August 4, 2014
  • Publisher: Self Published
  • Pages: 328
  • Series: Forever #1
  • Rating:1.5/5
  • Goodreads/Amazon
Everything about him warned me to stay away.

I’d seen bad boys before, but he had it all and more. The rippling muscles covered in tatts, the piercing eyes hiding dark secrets, the silky voice that could make a girl come with just a whisper . . . 

He was exactly the type of guy that would get me in trouble, but when he jumped off the stage, inked skin glistening with sweat and breathed his seductive words into my ear, I couldn’t resist the temptation.

It was supposed to be the best one-night stand of my life, but fate didn’t let it play out that way. Things happened. I got upset. I got hasty. And worst of all, I got reckless.

After that disaster, I thought it was the last I’d see of him. But what I didn’t know was that I’d started something.

Something that could shatter the very thing I had worked so hard to protect.

I should have known back then that the most seductive things in life are also the most dangerous.
First Line:"I was expecting a quiet Saturday night out at the bar, but it was fast turning into chaos."

Review:
Oh man did I really want to love this one and sadly I didn't and I feel like such an oddball right now because clearly Reckless is loved by many so i'll go ahead and write up a review on what didn't work for me but I highly recommend reading other reviews before deciding if you want to pick this one up since it has really great ratings by so many.

We meet Riley who is an accountant and because of a really bad experience with a guy she was with in her past she now only dates bad boys because to her they are predictable, she knows never to expect much from them. At first I thought I would like Riley but as the story progressed she was getting more and more on my nerves and instead of being someone strong she became way to needy and I can't stand characters like her.

Another thing that I couldn't get into was the relationship between Riley and our rock-star Jax. First off I didn't like Jax, supposedly some of the things he did was meant to be sexy but it was anything but that.Which of course made me not like Riley even that much more because she was okay with the disrespect that he had towards her but she didn't see it disrespectful instead she was turned on. Also there was this supposed insane chemistry between the two but I didn't feel it at all. Jax also had a past and I found it so insensitive of Riley to expect Jax to talk about his past with her within a week or so of knowing her which he was not prepared to do at all.

I was also a little baffled by how over the top things were. Jax and his band are not that famous yet but he can give a girl an orgasm just by singing to her and there are girls ready to beat Riley up with beer bottles over him. The way the fans were reacting you would think the band was international superstars.

Overall Reckless just wasn't for me.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...