12.18.2014

Review: Miles From Kara by Melissa West

Miles From Kara by Melissa West

  • Pub. Date:December 2, 2014
  • Publisher: Penguin/InterMix Books
  • Pages: 211
  • Series: Charleston Haven #2
  • Rating:3.5/5
  • Goodreads/Amazon
Kara Marcus is desperate to forget the past and move on. But she can’t escape her choices—especially when she finds herself falling in love… 

Since the first day she stepped into her childhood Southern Baptist church, two truths have been engrained in Kara Marcus’s head: sex before marriage is bad and murder is a sin. And that’s why Kara can never forgive herself for what she did at the age of sixteen.

Now, as second semester of freshman year comes to a close, Kara has stood by her high school boyfriend, Ethan. But as they seem to grow further and further apart every day, Kara realizes that she has feelings for someone else: Ethan’s roommate Colt.

Suddenly, Kara’s clear-cut world shifts out of focus, and she’s torn between what her head tells her is right and what her heart is desperately pushing her to do—even if it means committing another undeniable sin...
First Line:"Let me tell you what the most annoying thing on the planet is: kissing."

Review:I loved Kara from the first book, which by the way I highly recommend you read before you pick this one up since there are a few things about Kara revealed in the first book which is pretty important. Anyways with that blurb I really thought there would be cheating which I'm not the biggest fan of in books BUT there was none thank goodness because I liked Kara in Pieces of Olivia and didn't want to develop a dislike towards her because of any cheating on her part.

I was really excited to get to know Kara especially after that mind-blowing confession she made in the first book to Olivia and the girls definitely more then meets the eye. Everyone has her pegged out to be this always smiling go with the flow type of girl but her past still haunts her and she regrets so much of what she did that come to find out she never healed and is still deeply scarred. The book dealt with a topic I haven't seen much of in books and West handled it very well, if you read the first book you already know what I'm talking about and for all you who haven't, sorry not giving away spoilers. It was interesting to see what it finally took for her to be able to heal and get through her own guilt.

Colt! This guy! Wow! I loved him he was just so sweet and sexy and supportive he was perfect for what Kara needed not to mention he's got this whole bad boy vibe going on and he is Australian with the accent and everything. He treated her so well you can't ask for a better guy then him. Yes he had some father issues but nothing too intense.

Overall I liked Kara's story but at the same time I didn't feel as connected to her as I would have liked and even though I loved Colt I wish the relationship between Kara and him would have developed a little more slower it all went pretty fast. Well regardless, I still enjoyed it as a whole and I'm really hoping there is another book coming out in the series hopefully about Sarah and Taylor another set of characters we have been introduced to since the first book but don't know much about except little tidbits here and there.



Memorable Quotes 

~ "I decide what rattles me. No one else. I have no idea if I have fifty years left or fifty days or fifty minutes. I refuse to live my life angry." - Colt

~"I like the way you look at me."
"How do I look at you?"
......."Like it's a struggle to remain still." - Colt & Kara






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...