12.29.2014

Review: Love & Other Theories by Alexis Bass

Love & Other Theories by Alexis Bass

If you want more, you have to give less.

That’s the secret to dating in high school. By giving as little as they expect to get in return, seventeen-year-old Aubrey Housing and her three best friends have made it to the second semester of their senior year heartbreak-free. And it’s all thanks to a few simple rules: don’t commit, don’t be needy, and don’t give away your heart.

So when smoking-hot Nathan Diggs transfers to Lincoln High, it shouldn’t be a big deal. At least that’s what Aubrey tells herself. But Nathan’s new-boy charm, his kindness, and his disarming honesty throw Aubrey off her game and put her in danger of breaking the most important rule of all: Don’t fall in love. 
First Line:"There's one major reason I'm ready to be done with high school and it's all culminating now, the first day back from winter break, in Senior Drama.

Review:This book was difficult for me to get through. I wanted to mark it as a dnf several times but kept reading thinking that maybe it will get better, the characters will eventually become likable at some point. Well none of that happened, instead I'm annoyed at myself for even trying.

I hated every single character in this book. They were the stereotypical mean girls we see in movies times three, the book was entirely from their perspective and it was frustrating. It seems all the girls did were party, drink, slut shame constantly, hook up, and they have these theories that they lived by...the rules about love and dating they created which trust me were the most painfully ridiculous list of theories I have ever read. Aubrey and her friends were just infuriatingly stupid the decisions they made, the way they treated each other they weren't even true friends to each other. Then these girls were bullies to the extreme what they did and how they treated Chiffon a former friend of theirs was despicable, how the heck am I supposed to even remotely care about any of these characters.

As for Nathan and Aubrey there were a couple of cute moments between the two but believe me when I say it all went downhill after that.

Overall there is nothing about this book that I liked. The behavior of these girls were cruel and hateful and there wasn't one redeeming thing about any of them. 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...