9.19.2014

Review: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
  • Pub. Date: September 02, 2014
  • Publisher:Bloomsbury USA Childrens 
  • Pages: 565
  • Series:Throne of Glass #3
  • Rating: Loved It
  • Goodreads/Amazon/Book Depository
    Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy. 

    While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love



    First Line: "Gods, it was boiling in this useless excuse for a kingdom."

    Review: Sarah J. Maas is a genius. Yep. This entire series so far deserves more then any five star rating that is out there and just when you think she can't possibly supercede the last book, she does in epic proportions. Seriously all I want to type write now is just go read it there is no amount of words that I can write that will even do Heir of Fire any justice...but I'll try.

    Okay this is one of those series that I can't decide who the heck I want her to be with anymore first I though it was Dorian then Chaol and I was all for him until I read Heir of Fire, where we are introduced to Rowan. No nothing really romancy happens between them but damn it I love Rowan now. Honestly this is one of the very rare series that I don't care who she ends up with because I love all the guys for different reasons and seeing how this series has six books who knows who Celaena is going to end up with in the end and I have a feeling with every book I'm going to be changing my mind over and over again.

    As for Celaena we actually get to see her in a different light in Heir of Fire. For most of the book Celaena is broken, she blames herself for the deaths of  those she loved and she hates herself for abandoning her people. I really felt for her at times it just really broke my heart to see her in that condition. Now don't worry this is Celaena we are talking about eventually we get the kick-ass Calaena we have all come to love back and when she comes out of that funk, wow she is even more lethal then before. We also learn so much about her past, who she was and most importantly what happened that fateful night when her family was killed.

    We also had a couple of new point of views and one that stood out the most was Manon. She is an Ironteeth Witch and I swear her personality is so bad ass I loved her although I do have to say when she was first introduced I was a little bored and didn't understand the purpose of her point of view but there is a part when we meet Abraxos her Wyvern and we see her start to change a little in a good way and well after that I loved reading about her she had quite a bit of character growth and I can't wait to see how things develop with her in the next book. Also I really think if it wasn't for the fact that she will be fighting for the king her and Celaena could have been awesome friends.

    As far as the way things ended ...killer cliffhanger like all the other books.

    Overall Heir of Fire just like all the previous books in this series blew my mind, everything is done so flawlessly and if you haven't started reading this series what are you waiting for?


    Memorable Quotes:

    ~"She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one."

    ~"There is this...rage," she said hoarsely. "This despair and hatred and rage that lives and breathes inside me. There is no sanity to it, no gentleness. It is a monster dwelling under my skin..."

    ~"And then I am going to rattle the stars."
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...