6.16.2014

Review: Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier

Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier



    Gwen has a destiny to fulfill, but no one will tell her what it is.
    She’s only recently learned that she is the Ruby, the final member of the time-traveling Circle of Twelve, and since then nothing has been going right. She suspects the founder of the Circle, Count Saint-German, is up to something nefarious, but nobody will believe her. And she’s just learned that her charming time-traveling partner, Gideon, has probably been using her all along.
    This stunning conclusion picks up where Sapphire Blue left off, reaching new heights of intrigue and romance as Gwen finally uncovers the secrets of the time-traveling society and learns her fate.

    First Line: " That's going to leave a nasty scar," said the doctor, without looking up.

    Review: Emerald Green is the final book in the trilogy and I have to say overall I really enjoyed this series. Although I would have to say this was my least favorite of the books in the series mainly because of the way it ended, I expected so much more for the ending when I was done with it I was like "umm that was it?" it was just too easy of an ending if that makes any sense the ending kind of killed it for me.

    One thing I've loved about this series which continued on with this book was the time travel aspect of it, it was once again done so well and detailed I always felt like I was there back in time with Gwen and Gideon. Also I like that the book had a good balance on the romance with the actual plot. With the way Sapphire Blue ended I was kind of dreading that the author might focus too much on Gwen and Gideon and not the actual plot but that wasn't the case thank goodness. Although I did at times find myself annoyed with Gwen when it came to Gideon, this whole series spans two weeks and the way she was hung up on him sometimes did irk me but luckily she did get it together and focused on what was important.

    I found Emerald Green to move a little slower for me then the previous books but luckily all the great characters that are in the book helped me from getting bored at times. Xemerius is back better then ever giving plenty of moments that will have you laughing up a storm, then we get to know Gwen's grandfather a little better, Lucas, which was interesting. Also I still love Gwen she is very easy to connect with. And then you have all the characters you love to hate such as her cousin and aunt they are still there devious as ever.

    By the end of the book I would have to say there were a few questions that were still left unanswered mainly to do with the time traveling but overall I liked the series it's just this last book and that lackluster ending this series deserved so much more of an ending then something so convenient.





    Memorable Quotes: ~ " Hearts are made of something much tougher. It's unbreakable, and you can reshape it anytime you like. Hearts are made to a secret formula."








    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...