12.09.2013

Review: Crash into You by Katie McGarry


Crash into You by Katie McGarry




From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane 

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind. 

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look. 

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

First Line: Eleven years, two months, seven days.

Review:I have been waiting for so long to read Isaiah's story and the wait was so well worth it. I loved getting to know him on such a deeper level, it just made me fall in love with his character that much more. What was even more of a surprise for me was Rachel, I didn't think I would like her as much as I did, mainly because she wasn't Beth but I loved her as well. She was a troubled soul with her own complicated issues.

If you follow the series you already know who Isaiah is, he grew up in the foster system and hasn't experienced much love, everyone he has cared for or loved has eventually left him. He seems hardcore on the outside with his tattoo's and piercings but he is pretty broken on the inside. 

Rachel on the other hand is stuck living in the shadows of her dead sister whom she never met. Everyone in her family expects her to be what her sister would have been like and the fact that she knows the only reason her mom had her was as a replacement for her sister doesn't really make her feel any better. She also suffers from some severe panic attacks which she tries to hide because she hates to be regarded as the weak one in her family.

Rachel and Isaiah were perfect for each other. They both found strength in one another when things became really hard I really loved Isaiah's loyalty to Rachel. I also liked the fact that they were able to see past the stereotypes since they both came from entirely two different worlds, Rachel may have been seen as weak within her family but I loved the person she became when she was with Isaiah, he truly brought out the best in her and showed her that she is a strong and brave person.

Just typing this review I'm swooning over Isaiah his story is by far my favorite so far. I can't wait for the next book it's going to be about West Rachel's brother which I'm kind of curious about but who I really want a book on is Abby and call me crazy but I want to know what is up with Eric he is portrayed as this big bad guy but i'm not really buying it.

Overall this was a fantastic read and it is a definite must read.



Memorable Quotes:~"...she needs someone to protect her. I'll fill the role and absorb as much of her light as I can before she leaves me behind in the darkness."

~"I can’t give you the world, Rachel, but I’ll give you all I got"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...