11.27.2013

Review: Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker


Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker




Four years after losing her parents, best friend, and boyfriend in a drunk driving accident, twenty-year-old Kacey Cleary runs away to begin a new life in Miami. Hardened by the tragedy, she's determined to keep everyone at a distance—until she meets an irresistible and mysterious neighbor who is determined to melt the ice over her heart.

First Line: 

ReviewTen Tiny Breaths captured my attention from the first page and did not let it go until the very end it was just that good of a read. 

Kacey is broken, damaged, and just all sorts of messed up. She was the only survivor of a car crash four years ago that killed her mom, dad, best friend, and boyfriend and she hasn't learned to deal with any of it instead she has built up a wall to keep everyone out. After the tragedy Kacey and her little sister Livie move in with their aunt and uncle, the uncle ends up being a complete perv and Kacey and Livie take off to Miami where they meet a handful of wonderful people which includes the one guy Kacey just can't shake off...Trent.

What I loved most about this book was the relationships. And not just the hot and steamy relationship between Kacey and Trent but I'm talking about the bond that was developed between Kacey and her sister along with their neighbor Storm and her little daughter Mia who played a significant role in helping Kacey move on with her life.

We all know Kacey has a past but we learn that Trent does too and it's tied in with Kacey's. I personally saw the twist coming but it was heart wrenching to see how they both dealt with the situation and their emotions was just so raw I really felt for both of them.

Overall Ten Tiny Breaths was and intense read filled with captivating characters and a story-line that will suck you in.


Memorable Quotes: ~“Our past isn't who we are. I'm me and you're you and that's who we need to be.” 

~ "I should stalk over there and pee around his table to stake my claim. Wait...what? Jeez, Kacey."

~ "I hate him for making me feel like this. For giving me hope, only to yank it all away. For pulling me above the water, helping me breath again, before shoving my head back under."




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...