4.15.2013

Review: The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen


The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen

 THE SECRET OF ELLA AND MICHA

A rule-breaker with a fiery attitude, Ella always wore her heart on her sleeve. Then she left everything behind to go to college, where she transformed into someone who follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. Now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home. But once there, Ella fears that everything she's worked so hard to bury might resurface-especially with Micha living right next door.

Smart, sexy, and confident, Micha can get under Ella's skin like no one else. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. If he tries to tempt the old Ella to return, he will be impossible to resist. But what Ella doesn't realize is that when she left, she took a piece of Micha's heart with her. Now he's determined to win back the girl he lost, no matter what it takes.

First Line: I wonder if I can fly?

ReviewEven though this book had quite a few cliches which seem to be popular in the new adult genre I really liked this book, I found myself reading it late into the night and after I was finished I had to see if there was a book two because the main characters and even the secondary characters were pretty awesome.

Ella and Micha have been childhood friends growing up next door to each other, they both come from really messed up situations and have come to heavily rely on each other. Ella wants to forget her past and a particular night eventually pushes her to the edge and she takes off to college and leaves everything and everyone behind including Micha. Not telling anyone where she is headed. She reinvents herself at college changing her appearance and also becoming more mellow then the fiery girl she used to be. But 8 months later she has no choice but to go home for summer break and deal with the past that she was so hell bent on leaving behind.

The book has alternating point of views between and Ella and Micha and I always love when authors do that because it helps me know what both the characters are feeling. I loved Ella's character she has such a struggle inside of her, she blames herself for what happened to her mom and lets it eat away at her very core and the fear of what she might become keeps her from giving in to her feelings for Micha. Then we have Micha, who is just such an amazing friend to her and so much more. He refuses to let the Ella he knew vanish and is determined to bring her back and wow the boy loves her so much, the chemistry between the two characters were breathtaking.

Lila and Ethan also stood out to me in the book, Lila is Ella's friend the one that had no clue about the "real Ella" and Ethan is Micha's friend who knows everything about Ella and Micha and their history. You can tell Ethan has a complicated back story and I didn't expect much out of Lila's character or for her to stay around long since she was just staying for the night and it sounded like her life was perfect so why would she stick around right...anyways I was wrong she has some issues what they are I don't really know but I'm sure we will find out soon since the third book is going to be about them :) So I'm excited for that.

Overall I enjoyed The Secret of Ella and Micha and can't wait to get my hands on the second book The Forever of Ella and Micha to see what happens next.


Memorable Quotes: ~"Don't pretend like you have some deep insight into me anymore. You've been gone for eight months and a lot has changed."


~"Good. You're fucking crazy if you think that you can run off and change your identity. This unfeeling preppy girl thing you got going on," he motions his hand at my tank top, white frilly skirt, and curly hair, "is nothing but bull shit. You can't just change who you are on the outside and expect it to change who you are on the inside."







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...