3.01.2013

Review: Wicked Kiss by Michelle Rowen

Wicked Kiss by Michelle Rowen


MY KISS CAN KILL. 

I used to be ordinary Samantha Day, but that's changed. Now, after one dark kiss from a dangerous boy, I can steal someone's soul...or their life. If I give in to the constant hunger inside me, I hurt anyone I kiss. If I don't...I hurt myself. 

Bishop is the one whose kiss I crave most, but if I kiss him, I'll kill him. Then there's another boy, one I can't hurt. One whose kiss seems to miraculously quell my hunger. They're both part of a team of angels and demons that's joined forces in my city to fight a mysterious rising darkness, an evil that threatens everyone I know and love. I just wonder if I'll be able to help Bishop-or if I'm just another part of the darkness he's sworn to destroy.... 

NIGHTWATCHERS 

When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising...

First Line: Crave used to be a prime hangout for dangerous monsters, but tonight I seemed to be the only one here.

Review: So Wicked Kiss starts right up where Dark Kiss left off. Samantha is still in search of her soul and Bishop is still slowly losing his mind. The Gray's are still increasing in numbers and some are becoming quite strong.  There are a few new characters introduced and a couple of characters from the previous book with bigger roles for instance Cassandra, an Angel sent down from heaven who has secrets of her own and a mission that is separate from the others, and then there is Jordan, she was in the last book as the mean girl but she ends up having a bigger role in this book and I have to admit I'm starting to like her character and the slowly building friendship that her and Samantha are developing.

One word that I can use to describe Samantha in this book would be "determined". Her hunger was growing to where she was having a hard time controlling it and she didn't let anyone stop her from finding her soul. She took matters in her own hands which I loved. She is also discovering more of her powers and what it means to be a nexus and I loved the moments she learned about Bishop's past , there was a lot of bad things in his past so it was interesting to see how she dealt with it while still feeling the way she did about Bishop. 

There was a ton of twists and turns in this book at times it felt like too much was going on but it still held my interest. Also safe to say there is no love triangle. 
I really thought with the way things were going with Kraven in book one there would be one developing but nope...nothing. Although at the same time I do like Kraven more so I guess secretly I was hoping she would go for Kraven since he makes things more entertaining.

Overall I enjoyed the book and the series to where I would pick up the next book...if there is a next book, I'm not sure since everything was wrapped up in a pretty little bow in Wicked Kiss. Although I'm hoping there is since even though things were wrapped up there seems to be a lot the author can work with to write another book. And I'm curious to see what happens next with not just the main characters but also with Jordan and Carly.








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...