2.11.2013

Mini Review: Scorched Skies by Samantha Young

Scorched Skies by Samantha Young
  • Pub. Date: March 11, 2012
  • Publisher: Self Published
  • Pages:350
  • Series:Fire Spirits #2
  • Goodreads/Amazon

FEAR THE HEAT...

The White King has crossed the line, sounded the horn, sent out the wolves.

When blood is shed and life is lost the reality of Ari’s position as both hunter and prey finally sets in. It seems her father will stop at nothing to force her will to his own and distracted by Charlie’s latest mistake and her seemingly misguided attraction to Jai, Ari never thought to fear anyone else but the Jinn King.

Blindsided and attacked, Ari learns a new wolf has joined the hunt. A dark sorcerer believes he knows a way to bleed the power of the Seal and wield it as his own, and he is even less patient than The White King.

The War for the Seal has only just begun… and it’s time for Ari to turn it on its head.
It’s time for Ari to stop acting like the hunted.

It’s time for Ari to become the hunter


First Sentence: Rusted earth trembled beneath Ari's feet, cracks in the thirsty ground glowing ember in the prevading darkness.


Review: Okay so I read this one back in December and realized I hadn't done a review for it, so here is a quick review of a few things I liked and disliked in the second book.

I didn't like this one as much as the first one but I did love all the action and getting to know some of the characters on a more deeper level along with learning more about the world in which the Jinn lived in. My favorite character is still Jai we learn so much more about this swoon worthy guy and why he struggles with his feeling for Ari. Also we get to meet his friend Trey who so far is an all around good guy and pushes Jai to see how good Ari is for him.

What I didn't care for in this book much was Ari, well okay I liked her as far as getting what needs to be done when it came to the action/adventure part of the book but she got on my nerves in the romance department her character still has a lot of developing to do that's all I have to say about that.

Overall still found this to be a quick read and will soon be picking up the third book once I put a little more dent in my tbr pile.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...