2.25.2013

Review: Fractured Soul by Rachel McClellan

Fractured Soul by Rachel McClellan

Llona will do whatever it takes to protect her new found friends and home, but the dark plot that is threatening Lucent Academy, a school that’s supposed to be a safe place for Auras, may be too powerful for even Llona to defeat. This fast-paced tale of love, loyalty, and overcoming the darkness will keep you on the edge of your seat until the last page!

First Line: People told me life would return to normal, but how could it after you'd killed someone? or something.

Review: I am really loving this series so far and can definitely say I loved the second book way more then the first. Fractured Soul pretty much starts up where Fractured Light left off. Llona and May are at Lucent Academy and even though May is fitting in perfectly being a rare Fury and all, Llona is not. And I don't blame her for not fitting in, her fellow auras are pretty brainwashed and in need of some reality check.

The plot was actually more gripping then in the previous book, we still have the Vykens trying to kill the auras and feed off their blood but there are so many new twists in Fractured Soul I couldn't stop turning the pages.

 Llona is also changing physically thanks to that bite she got from the Vyken in the previous book, she is a whole lot stronger and bad ass. We also meet these new creatures called Lizens who are practically the auras slaves in my opinion since they work for free for them and aren't treated all that great by the stuck up auras at the academy, one of them named Tessa ends up being a really great friend to Llona. We also meet a new character name Liam who is from what I can sum up about over a hundred years old or so anyways he has a pretty tortured soul  which was interesting to get to know and I can see myself liking him to where I wouldn't mind if he ends up with Llona. Although don't worry there was no love triangle Llona's heart is all for Christian in this book.

I really give it to McClellan for having Llona grow so much as a character. I saw such a change in her from the first book all the way to the end of this second book. She has become such a strong person, even with all the death around her. Speaking of death I love McClellan for not being afraid to take such huge risks in her books like killing off a key character in the first book and in THIS one also except this time it was someone who I was not expecting at all, I mean from all the characters I just ...wow yea couldn't believe it..still having a hard time really. The ending is just downright heartbreaking, brutal, vicious you name it. All I know is I have to get my hands on the next book asap.

There was a lot of bloodshed and kick ass fighting  in Fractured Soul, Llona is not a weak character by far  along with her best friend May. I would love it if McCllelan did a novella of May or heck even a spin off after this series cause she is just as interesting of a character as Llona. Anyways this book was amazing and I highly recommend it if you haven't figured it out by now :)





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...