9.28.2012

Mini Review: Spells by Aprilynne Pike

Spells by Aprilynne Pike
  • Pub. Date:May 4, 2010
  • Publisher: Harper Teen
  • Pages: 359
  • Series: Wings #2

"I can't just storm in and proclaim my intentions. I can't 'steal' you away. I just have to wait and hope that, someday, you'll ask," Tamani said.

"And if I don't?" Laurel said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Then I guess I'll be waiting forever."


Although Laurel has come to accept her true identity as a faerie, she refuses to turn her back on her human life - and especially her boyfriend, David - to return to the faerie world.

But when she is summoned to Avalon, Laurel's feelings for the charismatic faerie sentry Tamani are undeniable. She is forced to make a choice - a choice that could break her heart.



First Line: "Laurel stood in front of the cabin, scanning the tree line, her throat constricting in a rush of nerves."


Review: I loved Wings, and I enjoyed spells but not to the extent that I thought I would. Honestly this is one of those books that I could have skipped and moved right on to the third book since I don't feel like much of anything really happened until the last few chapters of the book. Spells felt more like a filler book.

What we do get in Spells is a better insight into Avalon which I did find interesting and what kept me reading. Also the love triangle continues, Laurel can't make up her freakin' mind when it's pretty damn obvious she needs to pick Tamani. It's to the point right now where I could care less about Laurel or David I'm really just reading this series because of Tamani's character, I'm interested to see how things end up for him.

Overall Spells wasn't anywhere as good as Wings but still kept my interest enough to go buy the third book Illusions, not to mention with the way it ended I'm hoping Illusions will make for a more exciting read. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...