5.17.2011

Review: Sleeping Beauty Vampire Slayer by Maureen McGowan

Sleeping Beauty Vampire Slayer by Maureen McGowan

  • Pub. Date: April 2011
  • Publisher: Silver Dolphin Books
  • Format: Paperback , 326pp

In this thrilling story full of adventure and romance, Sleeping Beauty is more than just a lonely princess waiting for her prince—she's a brave, tenacious girl who never backs down from a challenge. With vampire-slaying talents that she practices in secret, Sleeping Beauty puts her courage to the test in the dark of night, fighting evil as she searches for a way to break the spell that has cut her off from her family. In a special twist, readers have the opportunity to make key decisions for Sleeping Beauty and decide where she goes next—but no matter the choice; the result is a story unlike any fairy tale you've ever read!
Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer is an entirely new type of fairy tale–one that will keep today's kids guessing and offer them hours of magical fun.

Sleeping Beauty Vampire Slayer was another "choose your own adventure" book written by Maureen McGowan and I have to admit I forgot how much I loved these types of books, especially when I was a kid.

I was never a really huge fan of the original Sleeping Beauty fairy tale which is why I wasn't too eager to start Sleeping Beauty Vampire Slayer but I am so happy I did. The world and the characters that Maureen McGowan has created is so much more captivating than the classic.

I loved the fact that Lucette our Sleeping Beauty was no damsel in distress. Yes she was cursed to sleep, but only in the day. At night when all the kingdom fell asleep she was awake with the vampires. She fought and killed vampires to protect her kingdom at night. The only way out of the curse was for her to fall in love...only it's a little hard to do so when all the suitable bachelors in the kingdom are asleep and Lucette is the only human awake in the darkness of the night.

This was another fast read for me. The characters were amazing and the storyline moved along quickly. Sleeping Beauty Vampire Slayer was a fun read and I can't wait for my daughters to get a little older so I can read this to them.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I also love that this Sleeping Beauty can stand on her own two feet. I think it's important for girls to have strong female characters in books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...