2.23.2011

Archangel's Consort ( Guild Hunter Series #3)by Nalini Singh

Archangel's Consort ( Guild Hunter Series #3)by Nalini Singh

  • Pub. Date: January 2011
  • Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
  • Format: Mass Market Paperback , 352pp


"Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux and her lover, the lethally beautiful archangel Raphael, have returned home to New York only to face an uncompromising new evil…

A vampire has attacked a girls’ school—the assault one of sheer, vicious madness—and it is only the first act. Rampant bloodlust takes vampire after vampire, threatening to make the streets run with blood. Then Raphael himself begins to show signs of an uncontrolled rage, as inexplicable storms darken the city skyline and the earth itself shudders.

The omens are suddenly terrifyingly clear.

An ancient and malevolent immortal is rising. The violent winds whisper her name: Caliane. She has returned to reclaim her son, Raphael. Only one thing stands in her way: Elena, the consort who must be destroyed"


I have fallen in love with Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter Series, so of course when the third book to the series came out I made sure to grab a copy. I had already heard some not so good reviews and also some excellent reviews.I figured people with the not so good reviews must be crazy how can you not give it a five my exact thoughts before reading it.

At last I had the book in my hands and started reading it. For someone who can finish a book in a day it took me a week and half to finish. I was slightly disappointed with Archangel's Consort.

The book picks up right where the last one left off.Lot's of blood spill,mystery,past demons and romance.

The story continues with Elena and Raphael returning back to New York and Elena finally being able to see all her guild family and real family for the first time after being made into an angel. Book three definitely explores more of her relationship with her father and opens up some more dark family secrets.

Elena still remains the weakest of all the angels and now also the target for many. Instead of gaining status in the immortal world she has now become a target, there is quite a few who would wish her dead.In Archangels Consort she is still learning the ways of the angels, learning the history and formalities while still trying to develop her flying and fighting skills. She has discovered fighting with wings is much harder than when she was just human. Meanwhile Elena has also gone back to the guild and is dealing with an attack at a school and the bloodlust that is occurring amongst the vampires. And all this while being a consort to an Archangel who likes to have everything and everyone in his control.Plain and simple Elena is badass!

We also discover that an ancient is awakening. Raphael's mother Caliane. And there is chaos all over the world,earthquakes,tsunamis, archangels going into rages, and vampires in blood lust killing thousands.


While Nalini Singh did do a good job of keeping the mystery and keep me guessing and wondering if Raphael's mother Caliane was going to be sane or insane, will she be malovelent and kill or will she be sane again when she awakens.Singh had me waiting too long. The build up was very slow but from my experience I've seen some slow build ups make it worth the readers time in the end due to the outcome, this one not so much. Caliane didn't awaken until more than half way through the book. I was really hoping there would be more of her awake but it seems everything that happened before happened while she was asleep.

I'm still very much a fan of the relationship between Elena and Raphael. It's very interesting how Singh has created two dominant characters coming together, growing and learning how to compromise while dealing with their own demons.Yet I feel there was way more sex scenes than usual. There was actually one chapter dedicated to just sex.It's not like the scenes are not steamy or incredibly hot because they are thanks to Singh's knack for words and not to mention her writing style is just amazing, but I did find myself skimming through most of them. I felt like they were just fillers and I wanted to get to the meat of the plot.

Another small thing that really irked me was "guild hunter" and "archangel". I got so fed up with Elena and Raphael referring to each other with just that. I understand that was supposed to be their cute nicknames for each other but it was less cute and more annoying.

What I did love was she still brought around the seven quite a a lot. I can write a whole essay on why I am in love with Illium. He is the scene stealer, I just can't get enough of him.I feel he has more of stronger presence than Raphael maybe because I am infatuated with him and love his personality. There was also more of Dimitri, Venom, Jason and the surprise was Aodhan. Definitely got to learn alot more about him.

We also got introduced to Illium's mother Hummingbird. Singh left a lot of mystery around her that I am eager to find out about not to mention with the discovery Raphael made at the end about Elena I know I will be picking up book four when it comes out.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...